Mark Weber is thinning down his fleet of RC tugboats. Feel free to e-mail him if you’re interested. All boats are in San Diego. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tug #1: Seaport Tugboat with Lots of Upgrades
- Asking Price: $150.00
- Runs great on 6-7.4v. 6v battery included.
- Radio: You supply a transmitter & receiver, and the rest is ready to run.
- Length: 24″
- Width: 6″
- Upgrades: I gutted and significantly upgrade the original toy boat.
- Deck: The deck has been stripped down, filled, and simplified.
- Towing: I added a custom towing bit that I 3D printed. It’s bolted to the deck via big strong washers and can be used for towing.
- Pushing: I outfitted the front with an array of fun tires that I salvaged from various toys.
- Fire monitor: I created a custom fire monitor system that includes a brass nozzle, water pickup, filter and a receiver controlled switch. It sprays about 5-6 feet.
- Motor: New low RPM motor, perfect for tugboats. ESC included with Anderson Powerpole connectors. I’ll knock $20 off the asking price if you don’t want this ESC.
- Prop & Shaft: I put in a new prop shaft, stuffing tube, and 3 blade prop. I was able to fit this nicely to the existing kort nozzle for good power.
- Servo: Includes a modern steering servo.
- I had a lot of fun overhauling and upgrading this boat. I’m happy to pass it along. It would be perfect for someone who wants a retrieval boat or a great tugboat to enjoy with the kids.
Springer Push Tug SOLD
Asking Price: $100.00 Runs great on 6-12v. 6v battery included. Radio: You supply a transmitter & receiver, and the rest is ready to run. Length: 19″ Width: 7.5″ Upgrades: Cabin: I replaced the previously heavy cabin with this light weight one. This makes it a ton more stable in the water. You can paint this cabin to your taste or keep it as is. Pushing: This design is perfect for retrieving other boats by pushing them into short. Motor: New 12V motor has plenty of power. ESC included with Anderson Powerpole connectors. Prop & Shaft: Good power through the kort nozzle. Servo: Includes a modern steering servo. Lights. Navigation lights can be powered by attached 3V battery pack with a male JST connector.
Here’s a tough little boat that can be handy for pushing in another boat.
Tug #3: Unbuilt Scale Shipyard “Carol Moran” – Harbor Tugboat Fiberglass Kit
- Asking Price: $140.00
- For sale is a fiberglass tugboat kit called the “Carol Moran.” Scale is 1/48.
- You can check details on the Scale Shipyard website such as original costs of this kit. Lee Upshaw makes some of the best hulls on the market.
Most orders from Lee take time for him to create. This is a real gem that’s ready to ship.
- Fiberglass hull, stack and superstructure
- NOT INCLUDED:
- Plans, motor, esc, prop, and anything else not shown in photos.